Are you looking for a delicious and easy chicken recipe that will make someone propose to you? Look no further than the Marry Me Chicken recipe! This dish is known for its creamy and flavorful sauce that will leave you and your guests wanting more.
What is Marry Me Chicken?
Marry Me Chicken is a popular dish made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are seasoned, seared, and then baked in a rich and creamy sauce. The sauce is made with chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and herbs, and is so delicious that it has been known to inspire marriage proposals!
The origin of the name “Marry Me Chicken” is not entirely clear, but some believe that it may have been named because of the dish’s deliciousness. Others speculate that someone proposed to their partner after eating the dish. Regardless of the origin, the easy marry me chicken recipehas become popular among foodies and home cooks alike.
How to Make Marry Me Chicken
Here’s a simple recipe for Marry Me Chicken that you can try at home:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Coat each chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking dish.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Marry Me Chicken is a delicious and easy recipe that you can make any day of the week. With its creamy and flavorful sauce, it’s sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. So why not try this recipe and see if it inspires any marriage proposals of your own?